Friday, April 16, 2010

Time to Rise (to the stars)

I created these images from this Abduzeedo tutorial, with a couple of my own modifications (i.e. didn't notice my brush opacity was set to 33%, hehehe. Also, created my own eclipse image.) The only reason I didn't use their text (Lost in Space, which was cool) was... was... well, I try to add a little originality :)
(I wanted to do Time for the Stars but it didn't fit very well.)

First, the end result, just the text.


Next, the text over the background, because I like the background, it was fun.


A variation with shifted text.  (hardly noticeable)

It was a great tutorial, and easy to understand, especially because of the screen shots that allowed you to copy the settings without confusion. Of course my inexperience and lack of Photoshop knowledge and other random elements means it didn't turn out looking nearly as cool as the tutorial's, but I had fun, learned a lot, and it looks pretty neat. Thanks to Abduzeedo!

No comments:

Post a Comment