Monday, October 4, 2010

Trek the Mountains

Using similar methods to Ch.1 of this lynda.com Photoshop CS3 training course, I created this composite of a suspension bridge and Mt. Everest at sunset. (The gold is natural!)

I can't get the bridge to look as though it belongs there, I don't have that skill, but it was pretty fun to play around.

Here is the original one-on-top-of-the-other image:
And here is a later rendition:

It's amazing to see the changes in the images. All it took was Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, and Levels adjustments and adjustment layers, a gradient for the sky, some burn and dodge, unsharpen mask, and text with outer glow (low fill opacity) and a layer mask.

When you consider I have really no idea what I'm doing, it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment